Photography is the art of light and shadow;
Photography is the carrier of culture;
Photography is an international language;
Photography is the bridge of communication.
The China International Photographic Art Exhibition, organized by the China Photographers Association, is an international photo show that has the longest history and largest scale in China. Since 1981 it has been successfully held for thirteen times and received in the aggregate nearly 300,000 entries sent by over 60,000 artists from more than 100 countries and regions. It has an extensive influence upon the international photographic circle.
In November 2011, the China 14th International Photographic Art Exhibition will be held in Lishui City, Zhejiang Province. The exhibition has received support from the International Federation of Photographic Art (FIAP), and awarded and selected works may be considered as one of the qualifications if their authors apply for the FIAP’s honorary titles.
We sincerely invite photographic groups and photographers from all over the world, either professionals or amateurs, to join in and send their works to us.
1. The mission of the exhibition is to comprehensively exhibit the artistic achievements of photography in the world in recent years, display photographers’ practice and explorative achievements in diverse categories of photography and promote worldwide communication and development in the field of photography.
2. The exhibition does not accept any works awarded or selected at previous international photographic art exhibitions organized by China Photographers Association.
3. The exhibition has two themes: “Moments of Happiness” and free composition; each theme includes (A) colour photos and (B) black-and-white/monochrome photos (entries will be classified and appraised according to their themes and categories, and participants shall select categories in the form on the back of the entries). Each participant could choose one of the categories or more, but the same entry shall not be accepted under two or more categories. The exhibition will select around 500 entries.
4. The authors may choose the methods of photographic creation for their entries. The exhibition allows the participants to freely revise and adjust their works, but they shall guarantee their ownership of the material and original conception of the entries.
5. Specifications of the entries: the longest side of standard works shall be no more than 10 inches (25 cm); square works shall be no more than 8 inch*8 inch (20 cm*20 cm); the longest side of wide works shall be no more than 20 inches (50 cm); digital works shall be in the highest-quality JPEG form and the short side shall be no fewer than 2,500 pixels. No entry shall be mounted in any way including by adding frames and any other disguised decoration.
6. The number of entries is not limited. No series of photos is allowed.
7. Please fill out the entry form carefully. For paper works, please write down on the back of the photo the serial number, the title, and the author’s name, address, post code and telephone number that are the same with those in the entry form. All the paper works will be returned. For digital works, please name each and every piece of works in the form of “Author’s name+Country/Region+Title”. This notice and the entry form could be downloaded at http://world.cpanet.cn.
8. According to the relevant FIAP regulations, entry fee is 5 USD or 4 EUR per entrant, not limited to the number of works. And all the entry fees charged will be used for supplementing activities of the exhibition.
9. Participants shall guarantee their authorship of their works and possess independent and complete copyright on their works; they shall also guarantee that their works do not and will not infringe upon any other person’s legitimate rights, including copyright, portraiture right, reputation right, right to privacy, etc.
10. The original images of all the entries shall be films or digital images that are shot by cameras. Using all or part of the images obtained from other author’s works through any technical methods is strictly prohibited. Any adjustment or revision to the original images shall be made in accordance with the author’s purpose. All the legal liabilities shall be assumed by the participant if he or she violates the above mentioned rules and thereby causes relevant disputes.
11. The organizer possesses the right to use the selected works through copying, publishing, issuing, exhibiting, projecting, on-line spreading and other means in the activities relevant to this exhibition and pay no compensation.
12. The Organizing Committee shall take care of all entries, but assumes no liability for any damage to or loss of the entries caused by any accidents in the mail and otherwise.
13. The appraisal and selection result for the exhibition will be announced on Chinese Photography, Popular Photography, China Photo Press, the website of China Photographers Association (http://world.cpanet.cn) and Chinese Photography Mobile Newspaper that are sponsored by China Photographers Association, and related picture albums and catalogs will be published.
14. All the participants are deemed as having agreed with all this notice’s rules.
15. Works that do not conform to the rules herein may not be appraised and selected by the Appraisal Committee.
16. The Organizing Committee of the China 14th International Photographic Art Exhibition reserves the right of final interpretation on this notice and the exhibition.
The appraisal procedure will conform to the principles of openness, fairness and impartiality. The Appraisal Committee is comprised of at lease 11 professional photographers.
- “Moments of Happiness”
2 Golden Awards medals and certificates shall be granted
4 Silver Awards medals and certificates shall be granted
6 Bronze Awards medals and certificates shall be granted
8 Honorable Awards ribbons and certificates shall be granted
1 Golden Award medal and certificate shall be granted
3 Silver Awards medals and certificates shall be granted
5 Bronze Awards medals and certificates shall be granted
7 Honorable Awards ribbons and certificates shall be granted
2. Free Composition
6 Golden Awards medals and certificates shall be granted
8 Silver Awards medals and certificates shall be granted
10 Bronze Awards medals and certificates shall be granted
12 Honorable Awards ribbons and certificates shall be granted
3 Golden Awards medals and certificates shall be granted
5 Silver Awards medals and certificates shall be granted
7 Bronze Awards medals and certificates shall be granted
9 Honorable Awards ribbons and certificates shall be granted
3. Awards for Outstanding Organization: about 10
Groups and individuals who make remarkable contributions to this exhibition shall be granted with the Awards for Outstanding Organization of the China 14th International Photographic Art Exhibition.
1. Definition of the black and white photography/monochrome:
A black and white work fitting from the very dark grey (black) to the very clear grey (white) is a monochrome work with the various shades of grey. A black and white work toned entirely in a single colour will remain a monochrome work able to stand in the black and white category. A black and white work modified by a partial toning or by the addition of one colour becomes a colour work (polychrome) to stand in the colour category.
2. The initial exhibition of the selected works will be held in Lishui City, Zhejiang Province, in November 2011.
3. Winners of the Golden Awards and Awards for Outstanding Organization will be invited by the Organizing Committee to the opening ceremony of the exhibition and create photographic works in Lishui for one week, and the Organizing Committee will bear the accommodation and traffic expenses. The invited guests shall pay the expenses incurred by their round-trip travel between their residences and Lishui City.
4. In order to enhance the communication between the exhibition and photographers, the Organizing Committee will elect from the winners one person to be a member of the Appraisal Committee of next year’s exhibition.
5. Authors whose works are awarded or selected in the exhibition will be granted with certificates by China Photographers Association, and each of the participants will receive a delicately printed exhibition catalog.
Deadline: July 31st, 2011 (the date of reception)
Date of Appraisal: August 20th-August 31st, 2011
Date of Exhibition: November 2011
Place of Exhibition: Lishui City, Zhejiang Province, China
Mailing Date of Certificates and Catalogs: December 20th, 2011
VI. Mailing Address for Entry Fee and Works
The Organizing Committee of the China 14th International Photographic Art Exhibition expects excellent works of photographers from all over the world, and appreciates the wisdom and achievements they have contributed to human visual art.
For Paper Works:
Address: International Liaison Department of China Photographers Association (4th Floor, Wanshanghui Digital Mall, No.2 Zhushikou East Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing)
Post Code: 100062
For Digital Works:
>> Download: China 14th International Photographic Art Exhibition